[LUG] more mpc merriment...

I got my viglen updated to Xubuntu 8.04 , swap added etc.
I just used the 'users and groups' gui to try and add some proper users,
change the passwords etc and got no users listed?
I closed the thing and then tried to do some other stuff - lots of complaints
about no root user. Thought I'd close my X session and now cant do anything.
No users seem to exist and I can log on as anything!
err wot now..
?????
Tom te tom te tom