Re: [LUG] ubuntu release party

Paul Sutton wrote:
> The music event is called lowender,  more details will be posted after
> xmas when the organisers have sorted stuff out,  see post by dave rich.
>
> I agree however that we could have a lug presence at a lot of events,
> start of may is the BMAD (biker event) which kicks off the summer BMAD
> biker meet season,  so Lots of people in and around Paignton,  again
> thats something to look into.
>
> For anything to work like this i think we need a few of us at each
> event,  but as this will be spread out over a few days,  before / after
> release its going to be more of a ubuntu promotion thing,
>
> anything to get the word out is going to have an effect,  as will
>
> Getting things planned now means we have time for canonical to send us
> event packs,  in time for any events,  and of course time for us to fund
> raise, to help pay for anything we need.
>
> Paul

Well 24th April is a Friday so maybe we could look into doing a couple
of things in our local areas and then looking at Ubuntu promotional
events after the launch day (last thing we want is to give out brand new
  9.04 CDs to new users without giving them a try ourselves first).
Maybe we could look at something in early May (I won't be able to do
anything from about 15th to 22nd May as I'll be on holiday in Cornwall).
  Not sure if we could maybe do some sort of Ubuntu demonstration?

What we could do with is a big sponsor who could advertise the event
(hence thinking of Palm, I wonder if we could do something with them as
they have the right connections - for instance their big event in
November on Paignton Green).

Rob