Re: [LUG] ubuntu release party

Rob Beard wrote:
> On 22/12/2008 21:43, Grant Sewell wrote:
>
>> Paul Sutton wrote:
>>

>>> Looks like 9.04 will is due for release about the 24th April 2009,  I
>>> still want to do some sort of release party,  there was talk on IRC
>>> about combining this with some music event,  but i have not heard
>>> anything re the music event for a while.  and the details were lost
>>> during the move from debian to ubuntu.
>>>
>>> can anyone give details or has anyone got any other ideas,
>>>
>>> Paul
>>>

>> Sounds like a good idea.
>>
>> I'll see if I can get hold of anyone music wise down west-Cornwall neck
>> of the woods and see if there are any events being planned for that
>> approx. time down here.
>>
>> Grant.
>>

> Would there be multiple events (for instance one in Devon and one in
> Cornwall?).  I could approach the guys at Palm, they're always looking
> for ideas of events.
>
> Rob

The music event is called lowender,  more details will be posted after
xmas when the organisers have sorted stuff out,  see post by dave rich.

I agree however that we could have a lug presence at a lot of events,
start of may is the BMAD (biker event) which kicks off the summer BMAD
biker meet season,  so Lots of people in and around Paignton,  again
thats something to look into.

For anything to work like this i think we need a few of us at each
event,  but as this will be spread out over a few days,  before / after
release its going to be more of a ubuntu promotion thing,

anything to get the word out is going to have an effect,  as will

Getting things planned now means we have time for canonical to send us
event packs,  in time for any events,  and of course time for us to fund
raise, to help pay for anything we need.

Paul