Re: [LUG] [Fwd: [ubuntu-uk] The "I'm Linux" Video Contest]

On 22/12/2008 21:36, Grant Sewell wrote:
> Rob Beard wrote:
>
>> Vivi Griffin wrote:
>>

>>>      Hi Paul,
>>>
>>>      If someone attending the Paignton meeting has a video camera,
>>>      perhaps we could have a go at making a video like this there? Do we
>>>      have anyone in the group with video editing skills?
>>>
>>>      Viv
>>>
>>>      P.S. I am not volunteering to be captured on film saying "I'm a
>>>      penguin" !!!
>>>

>> I can borrow my dad's video camera (in fact I have it at the moment).
>> I'd also be happy to transfer the video onto the PC (it's a DV camera)
>> but I'm not very good at editing (as I've found whilst editing my
>> wedding video).
>>
>> I wonder if we could do something with Living Coasts (or failing that,
>> Pleasure Park in Hale, Cornwall who have a Penguin enclosure where you
>> can pet a Penguin - aww they're so cute, I wish they would have let me
>> take one home).
>>
>> Rob
>>
> Paradise Park (*http://tinyurl.com/9gf5lu*) has a penguin enclosure, as
> does Newquay Zoo (*http://tinyurl.com/8a2cck*). Both places do
> penguin-information-sessions (for want of a better way to describe them)
> at feeding times. How about if we could get them to do a quick spiel
> about Linux at the end of their penguin-education session and film it?
>
> Grant.

Might be worth a try.  When I went Paradise Park earlier on this year
they said they were trying to raise funds to build a new Penguin
enclosure, maybe for a small donation they might allow it?

Unfortunately I probably won't be heading down there again until May
when I'm due to go on holiday to Hale.

Rob