[LUG] [Fwd: [ubuntu-uk] The "I'm Linux" Video Contest]

This may be of interest to the group, perhaps we can do something :)

Paul
--- Begin Message --- "If you've been alive and aware of mass media over the last twelve months, you've probably seen television commercials from Apple and Microsoft touting their operating system. From Apple's ubiquitous "I'm a Mac" to Jerry Seinfeld to Microsoft's "I'm a PC" retort, operating system commercials have been flooding the airways. Except one OS has been notably absent – Linux.

While the Linux Foundation would love to spend millions promoting Linux on TV, it's simply not our style (or in our budget). Even more importantly, Linux isn't a top-down, commercially controlled operating system. It's a grassroots product of mass collaboration. That's why we're sponsoring a community contest to create a Linux video that showcases just what Linux means to those who use it, and hopefully inspires many to try it.

The winner will receive a free trip to Tokyo, Japan to participate in the Linux Foundation Japan Linux Symposium in October 2009. The winning video will also be unveiled at the Linux Foundation's Collaboration Summit in San Francisco on April 8, 2009."

In short, the Linux foundation have started a contest for a video advert/commercial. The video has to represent GNU/Linux in some way and can even be specific to Ubuntu, Debian, OpenSUSE, Fedora etc.

The terms are that you must be 18 and represent Linux in some way. They must also be 60 seconds or less.
More info here: http://video.linuxfoundation.org/category/video-category/-linux-foundation-video-contest

Have fun and I hope that Ubuntu-UK can participate guys,

Regards,

Christopher Swift <Chris.R.Swift@xxxxxxxxx>
--
ubuntu-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx