Re: [LUG] Anyone managing linux in a primary school?

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 08:43:56PM +0000, M.Blackmore wrote:
> Our village school headmistress  is bemoaning a shortfall of 2 grand to
> implement ICT "upgrades", has 1 grand in hand, strike whilst irons hot.
>
> Anyone with "prior art" running a primary school on linux that I could
> put her in touch with, and any good web available articles (ISTR
> something in linux format mag couple of years ago but don't have copies
> left going that far back alas) they could point me in?

Some links

http://schoolforge.org.uk/index.php/Case_Studies
http://schoolforge.org.uk/index.php/Support
http://schoolforge.org.uk/index.php/FLOSSIE_2009
http://www.skolelinux.org/en/
http://www.linux.com/feature/50742
http://schools.becta.org.uk/index.php?section=re&catcode=ss_res_tec_pfits_cas_04
http://online.ogcbuyingsolutions.gov.uk/news/details.html?id=336 (for comparison
only)

Some old ones

http://foi.becta.org.uk/display.cfm?resID=35822

On Software licensing issues (for comparison)

http://schools.becta.org.uk/index.php?section=re&catcode=ss_res_pro_bps_sof_04&rid=14158

--
Henry
Photocopies or faxes of my signature are not binding.