[LUG] Anyone managing linux in a primary school?

Our village school headmistress  is bemoaning a shortfall of 2 grand to
implement ICT "upgrades", has 1 grand in hand, strike whilst irons hot.

Anyone with "prior art" running a primary school on linux that I could
put her in touch with, and any good web available articles (ISTR
something in linux format mag couple of years ago but don't have copies
left going that far back alas) they could point me in?

Malcolm
(who hates to see fundraisers slog their guts out to finance a corrupt
bunch of psychopaths)