Re: [LUG] Anyone managing linux in a primary school?

Hi Malcolm

2008/12/17 M.Blackmore <mblackmore@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Our village school headmistress  is bemoaning a shortfall of 2 grand to
> implement ICT "upgrades", has 1 grand in hand, strike whilst irons hot.
>
> Anyone with "prior art" running a primary school on linux that I could
> put her in touch with, and any good web available articles (ISTR
> something in linux format mag couple of years ago but don't have copies
> left going that far back alas) they could point me in?
>
> Malcolm
> (who hates to see fundraisers slog their guts out to finance a corrupt
> bunch of psychopaths)

We have just set-up a system for a youth club. It had a couple of
servers to manage the files and also to control internet access and
then it has 8 desktop computers that users can log into. I would be
happy to talk with the head about this set-up and if it is local maybe
she could visit or I could see her. All our hardware cost nothing and
oh the software cost nothing!
--
Kind regards
Rich