Re: [LUG] OpenSuse 11.0 and USB keyboards?

Dave Morgan wrote:

> do any of you use USB keyboards with OpenSuse 11.0 ? Have you had
> any problems?

SuSe - I vaguely recall running it here once.

> I have had a new machine in the office for the past week, it is
> the first one that does not have PS2 kbd/mouse connectors. Also
> the first one to run OpenSuse 11.0.
>
> We have had repeated problems with the keyboard stopping working
> approx every 48 hrs, unplugging and replugging it do not fix.
> Logging out of X, back the graphical login prompt fixes things.
>
> Any ideas on a solution? Our next two things to do are try
> different USB keyboard, and PS2 kbd/mouse via an adapter.

It may not be SuSe specific. Anything logged anywhere relevant, X log,
or xsession-errors, or in the kernel log for USB events?

Stop working - is that doesn't respond to any key presses? Do the lock
lights still work, do they still show? I've had keyboard issues with
recent versions of X in Debian but they resulted in keys repeating,
which hangs the system much like the key not responding, except every so
often it happens when using a text input field and you can see what is
happening.