Re: [LUG] little Linux story...

Rob Beard writes:
> jon.davey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> Rob Beard writes:
>>>>
>>> I can't see why you should need to create symbolic links for Java, I've
>>> managed it by just installing sun-java6-jre and sun-java6-plugin.
>> This should help...
>>> http://en.kioskea.net/faq/sujet-741-installing-java-under-ubuntu
>>> This is assuming though that you're running the standard 32-bit version
>>> of Ubuntu and not the 64-Bit AMD64/EM64T version (which from what I
>>> understand you do need to do a bit more messing around to get Firefox
>>> and Java to work together.
>>> Good to hear your experience with Ubuntu was good.<snip>
>>> Rob
>> ...thanks. not so sure about retreaving thoes files though. I told Ubuntu to
>> use the whole drive during the partitioning. That would've formated the
>> whole disk right?
>> Cheers, JOn DAvey

> Ahh yeah if you've wiped the whole disk then yeah it's most likely gone
> (it might be recoverable but the time and effort it would take to
> recover it, it's probably not worth it).
> Rob

...that link was usefull and I've installed java. Only thing is Youtube is
still telling me that java's turned off or I don't have the latest version
of Flash. NOw I've tried installing flash from Synaptic and it's asked me
for administrator priviledges which shouldn't be a problem but I don't
recall being asked to create a SU account during the install and if I was I
have a default password that I use for EVERYTHING so's I never forget, and
this isn't working. HOw do I get SU privilidges if I never created a SU
account?......I'm a bit baffeled...