>> if i goto a console and do
>> psutton@desktop:~$ who
>>
>> i get the following
>> psutton  :0           2008-12-14 21:48
>> psutton  pts/0        2008-12-14 21:56 (:0.0)
>>
>> does this mean i have 2 users connecting or does it mean i have someone
>> connecting from the out site,  what does pts/0 mean,  yes I have tried
>> to look it up with man, but do NOT really understand what it telling me
>>

> :0 means you're logged into X11 using xdm/gdm/kdm or similar. pts/0 is a
> pseudoterminal -- in this case, the terminal you launched to run 'who'.
>
> You seem to be running this on your desktop. Why would that help with a
> problem on the router?

Ah, the who output was given as i didn't understand the output,  i was
unsure if i had some sort of unwanted connection from the outside,  As
in someone trying to hack the router, (i am clueless as you can tell), but
 as this is not the case i am ok.  I thought if someone was trying to
hack me from the outside, it could cause the router to shutdown, by
running some process or something.  Hence i was asking if someone was
trying to connect from the out side.

thanks

Paul