> if i goto a console and do
> psutton@desktop:~$ who
>
> i get the following
> psutton  :0           2008-12-14 21:48
> psutton  pts/0        2008-12-14 21:56 (:0.0)
>
> does this mean i have 2 users connecting or does it mean i have someone
> connecting from the out site,  what does pts/0 mean,  yes I have tried
> to look it up with man, but do NOT really understand what it telling me

:0 means you're logged into X11 using xdm/gdm/kdm or similar. pts/0 is a
pseudoterminal -- in this case, the terminal you launched to run 'who'.

You seem to be running this on your desktop. Why would that help with a
problem on the router?

--
Benjamin M. A'Lee || mail: bma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
web: http://subvert.org.uk/~bma/ || gpg: 0xBB6D2FA0