Re: [LUG] I thought this might get a bit of a reaction

Mark Evans wrote:

> Neil Stone wrote:
>

>> My approach is to convert the file to .odt format and send it back..
>>

> I was waiting for someone to say this :)
>

>> When they reply with "WTF" advise them that it's an open standard, which
>> is more than they sent to you... ;-)
>>

> Especially given that the "standard" Microsoft managed to get passed
> isn't one any of their software actually conforms to.
>
> There's even an addon for MS Office to read OASIS files.

On this we should come up with a standard response agreed to by the
group, as a response to this,   something that is a) informative and b
not patronizing just tells the other user, their file format is not a
standard,  even though MS is allegedly most used as most used and
industry standard are not the same thing,
people seem to assume because everyone uses MS its some sort of industry
standard,  hence we have these issues.  oh and they also assume everyone
uses MS,  which in our case we don't.

Paul

--

Support open file formats use ISO 26300 Open Document format
DCLUG - chat

 next meet - TBA