Re: [LUG] Getting a Windows refund from Acer

On Mon, 8 Dec 2008, Rob Beard wrote:

> _Acer's sole repair centre in the UK is in Plymouth._
>
> </quote>
>
> So it looks like I'd possibly be in luck. If I do buy one I'll have to
> confirm with Acer first, but I wonder if it would be possible to drop
> the machine in and have it done there and then. If so, I could head down
> to Plymouth, pick up a laptop from Comet and then drop it in for my
> refund. :-)
>
> Still I don't think a customer should have to jump through so many hoops!

There is a shop in South Brent which is also an Acer authorised centre -
They're called Moortek and I'd suggest giving them a call first -
http://www.moortek.co.uk/ (terrible web site)

Disclaimer: Yes, I know the guys there (Richard and Neil), and have bought
stuff from them in the past (recently my wifes Acer Aspire One)

Gordon