Re: [LUG] ssi nav

On Sun, 2008-11-30 at 23:35 +0000, Simon Waters wrote:

> Usually server side include are only enabled for files ending in "shtml"
> by default.
>
> So try "cp test.html test.shtml" and try again.

Thanks Simon. I tried all the combinations of htm, html, xhtml, and
shtml, with and without executable permsission set plus the chmod route
(as in XBitHack) which didn't seem to affect what konqueror showed.

.shtml worked fine, and does not seem to need to be made executable. I
checked with the host and all is well - they didn't offer any other
option (unless I graduate to php some time).

Many thanks again.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Server_Side_Includes tells it more clearly
than
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/howto/ssi.html#apachetutorial:introductiontoserversideincludes