Re: [LUG] Crashing Computer

Hi

Thanks to all who replied.  I have now booted from a Live Ubuntu CD and am
running memory test.

However before starting I made two alterations to BIOS.  One was to have the
CPU slow down when hot, the other to run the fan all the time.  (It appears
I should be able to make it switch on at a specific temperature but I can
not see how to alter that temperature).

The memory test has now been running almost an hour (on its 5th cycle) so
I am optimistic that I am (we are!) getting somewhere.

So I think the problem is getting the fan to switch on in time.  (It has
not switched on in the past before the machine crashed).

Now if only I could locate where this draught is coming from!

All the best

Peter L-J