Re: [LUG] Web email

On Mon, 2008-12-01 at 09:06 +0000, Neil Winchurst wrote:
> miketidball@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > Neil,have you tried going to your sevice providers homepage and checking
> > if they provide webmail access to your normal account.
> >
> > Mike
> >
> Thanks Mike, yes I know about that. I have my own web site and I have
> email set up on it. In fact that is what I am using now. I am running
> TBird for this, set up on my own computer and yes I can also access it
> using a browser. BUT, it is so tedious and long-winded that way, so I
> wondered about setting up a web only email client for when I am away.
>
> Regards
>
> Neil

I think Mike may have meant something slightly different. I have a web
page and a hosting service. This also comes with various e-mail
addresses. I use these and download into evolution, but the hosting
service, purplecloud, also provide webmail access to these addresses via
the horde interface. I just need to go to webmail.mydomainname.co.uk
enter name (full email address in this instance) and password etc.

Like Mike said your ISP may also have a webmail interface.

It seems a pretty common option for hosting services. purplecloud (other
hosting services to I'm sure) offer an e-mail only account for around £5
a year.

If I have misunderstood, sorry.

Simon