Re: [LUG] Repairing a poorly Ubuntu/Debian system...

Grant Sewell wrote:

<snip>
> I'm
> not sure I can be arsed to set up a netboot server (unless anyone has a
> foolproof guide with explicitly clear instructions), so I can only see
> that fixing it is the way forth.
>
> Any thoughts?

Well my first thought would have been USB booting until I noticed you
couldn't USB boot.  Maybe you could try this?

Assuming you have another working system then it shouldn't be too hard
to boot the Debian netinst installer.  Otherwise might be a long shot
but maybe you could take the hard disk out, stick it in a desktop
machine and get a basic text based installation of Debian booting and
work from that?

What make laptop is it?  Maybe between us all we can figure out how to
USB boot the thing.

Rob