[LUG] Crashing Computer

Hi

I have my son in laws old computer (with quite a good spec) running
Window$ which keeps on crashing after about an hour. I asked before here
and I think we settled for heat problems, but then it would only last 15
mins max. (I have reset a lot of BIOS stuff - and its winter!).

I have booted it up with an old Ubuntu live CD (can not remove windoze
(not my computer - yet)).  This will help to discover if the problem is
Windows related (It crashed on Linux previously) .  Is there anything I
can use to try and work out what is happening?  It has network and
Internet access.  Perhaps there is a way to capture its dieing gasp (But
I currently can not write to disk).

All the best

Peter