Re: [LUG] Three mobile Internet

2008/11/23 Grant Sewell <dcglug@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Well, when I enquired in the store in Truro today, the young lady I was
talking to said that I could definitely use it for email and other
things, and that 1GB was "more than enough for mobile phone usage but
may be used up quicker if I used the phone as a modem for a laptop".
Since I specifically inquired as to the ability to run things like
"remote-desktop" over the connection and was assured that I could, then
I will not be a happy bunny if it turns out that I can't use anything
other than :80 and :443 (although :443 would still allow me to have my
ssh connection, so I could still have my emails working fine! :D)

Grant.

Having just checked the 3 site, I notice they have 4 addons under the "Internet and Email" section. Did you add "Internet Max" (1GB, £5) or the broadband one (1GB, £10)

I'm wondering if the lady in the shop *may* have been thinking of the broadband addon, which does let you do pretty much anything you want

You say that 443 would be fine for you, bear in mind that 3 may run it through a proxy (so any SSH connection isn't going to stay up for long). This is assuming you've bought the cheaper addon and aren't using the "3internet" access point to connect.

Shaun