[LUG] Three mobile Internet

Shaun Orchard wrote:
> 2008/11/23 Grant Sewell <dcglug@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:dcglug@xxxxxxxxxxxx>>
>

>     I have just bought an "Internet & Email Add-on" to my 3 mobile
>     account,
>     so I may just stop trying and use my phone instead of the College's
>     network. :D
>
>     Grant.
>

> Does that addon support anything other than ports 80 and 443 now?
>
> When I tried it (quite long ago), that's all you could do. The mobile
> broadband addon is the one with no port restrictions (and depending on
> pot luck, a public IP address)
>
> (Truro College's network is equally crap. I'm glad I bought a 3 dongle)
>
> Shaun

Well, when I enquired in the store in Truro today, the young lady I was
talking to said that I could definitely use it for email and other
things, and that 1GB was "more than enough for mobile phone usage but
may be used up quicker if I used the phone as a modem for a laptop".
Since I specifically inquired as to the ability to run things like
"remote-desktop" over the connection and was assured that I could, then
I will not be a happy bunny if it turns out that I can't use anything
other than :80 and :443 (although :443 would still allow me to have my
ssh connection, so I could still have my emails working fine! :D)

Grant.