Re: [LUG] Three mobile Internet

Grant Sewell wrote:

> Well, when I enquired in the store in Truro today, the young lady I was
> talking to said that I could definitely use it for email and other
> things, and that 1GB was "more than enough for mobile phone usage but
> may be used up quicker if I used the phone as a modem for a laptop".
> Since I specifically inquired as to the ability to run things like
> "remote-desktop" over the connection and was assured that I could, then
> I will not be a happy bunny if it turns out that I can't use anything
> other than :80 and :443 (although :443 would still allow me to have my
> ssh connection, so I could still have my emails working fine! :D)
>
> Grant.

 From what I understand the 'Mobile Internet' at about £5 restricts
ports but it fine for general basic web browsing whereas if you want the
full blown t'internet with all ports you have to pay the tenner a month.

As you say though, you can use port 443.  I wouldn't personally go on
what the staff in the stores say, 9 times out of 10 they'll say anything
to make a sale and not care when it all goes wrong.

Rob