Re: [LUG] C++

On Saturday 22 November 2008 07:50, peter wrote:
> Hi
>
> Thanks for the replies.  There have been more posts on the subject which
> have made it clear that the original poster (in the other group) is well
> aware of the problems of interoperability.
>
> Quick Basic did not raise its head!! however Python did.
>
> I do not want to use the word amateur, but perhaps Python is a good tool
> for the "occasional" programmer.  (I must admit I am not up to speed
> with current languages and their strengths and weaknesses - I fell into
> Phthon via Jython and Java as it enabled me to use objects written in
> Java (by experienced developers) for the railway layout)).
Nowadays almost all compiled languages can interact and most dynamic languages
have methods of calling compiled libraries. The Mono people provided a module
that allows the CLI programs to use Java code cleanly - there is no reason
why other languages cant do this to some degree or other.
It should be use more often - its amazing seeing all these people reinventing
the wheel, frequently dropping the same spokes!
Tom te tom te tom