[LUG] meeting in paignton - Show of hands + a few other items

Hi

Just wondered if people who have not already indicated they are able to
come on Thursday if they could please, that way i have an idea on numbers.

I was thinking possible topics could include

Hardware  resurrection day - ideas,  hardware we have available.

 trying to find some beneficiaries (sorry can't spell it),
Ubuntu release party ( i would like to do something for 9.04 in April
09,  but we need early planning, so if anyone has any ideas lets start
now and get things really well organised by April)
Ideas for other events.

On the night I am thinking of having a donations pot, so if anyone wants
to contribute something (the venue is free), to the lug they can do,
without others knowing how much,  we can perhaps then raise some funds,
(this has been discussed before and people seem happy to contribute in
someway)

If we can raise funds, at each meeting, then at least we can buy stuff
if needed, e.g PSU's on resurrection day. or cover costs of hiring out
venues, etc,  we can hire a room at SDC or hire the old monastery again
(both Paignton), but this will cost, and needs a proper event to justify
paying for such a venue,  i quite liked the old monastery, as they have
wireless and power sockets and a nice big(ish) room to meet in.

On the other hand if any one wants to do a talk on a subject, feel free
perhaps post here so people know and it can be put in for part of the
schedule.

thanks in advance.

Paul

--

Support open file formats use ISO 26300 Open Document format
DCLUG - chat

 next meet thurs 27th November 2008 - 7:30 pm shoreline/seafront cafe, paignton
details on lug wiki