Re: [LUG] Resurrection Day ptII

On Thursday 27 November 2008 13:07, Chris Tipney wrote:
> Tom Potts wrote:
> > Blimey - that seems more popular than I imagined.
> > I'm up at Holsworthy Beacon - theres only 4 or 5 luggers around here..
> > I have a big workbench in my shippen which is about 20' long and 4' deep
> > with a few power points. Its open to the breeze but I would imagine we
> > could get 5 or 6 people with trying to resurrect machines simultaneously
> > so bear that in mind for the summer and dont ditch old hardware....
> >
> > Now if you lot down south could find a web enabled pub with a
> > workbench........
> >
> > I wonder if there is any test equipment we could get our hands on to
> > help.. anyone know anything about PSU,memory,soundcard,memory etc etc
> > testing?
> >
> > Tom te tom te tom
>
> I don't qualify as a pub (bring your own beer) but I do have  have a
> wifi enabled barn which is reasonably civilised.
>
> I also have a modest collection of random pc bits from the last 15 years
> or so - generally 'free to good homes' if they are of any use. I don't
> have the time to go through and list everything so a 'Resurrection day'
> as Tom suggests seems a great idea.
>
> Any takers ?
I'd be interested if one gets organised but its too far for me to be able to
guarantee being there.
I've got a large book on PC repairs somewhere if anyone wants to borrow it - a
bit out of date but then most of the machines would be too...
As a thought - if you are resurrecting a lot of PC's (well more than 2) I
would imagine that it would be sensible to set up a repository proxy to speed
things up a bit.
Tom te tom teom