Re: [LUG] Scanner

On Sun, 2008-11-16 at 15:42 +0000, Tom Potts wrote:
> What is it with hardware these days - you leave your scanner in a damp
> outbuilding for 3 years and it stops working!
>
> Anyone know any good cheap scanners with that work with sane straight off?
>
> Tom te tom te tom

dunno about cheap, but all kit by brother works with linux and is well
supported. Their website has good instructions and easy to use (no
compilation needed) drivers. Ubuntu has packages for the printers, but
not the scanners (I have a MFC-620CN printer/scanner), but the scanner
part is a dodle to install. I've not looked at the costs of Brother
scanners though.

Simon