[LUG] karoshi was Authenticating user logons with LDAP on Ubuntu 8.04

On Mon, 2008-10-20 at 15:40 +0100, Kevin Tunison wrote:

> This project may be quite well-suited to what it is being done:
> http://karoshi.linuxgfx.co.uk/
> It is based around schools, but has its uses.
This looks interesting to try out on an older machine for home use. It
requires DHCP to be disabled if I tried it out on my network though I
could just connect it to another computer for the trial.

Do you use it Kevin?

Is anyone else interested in trying it out?

They associate with NTC Hosting, which has a UK presence. I want to set
up a non-profit making site and wondered if this host would be OK. I was
impressed with the range of features and CMS available. As I would
prefer a UK web host, can anyone suggest an equivalent - price, support,
features?

Many thanks.

--
james kilty