Re: [LUG] Win98 kids game multiboot install update problem - how to do with linux, without w98 connecting to the web?

2008/10/15  <martin.gautier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>>> So. Is there a way of downloading all the bug fixes and security
> patches
>
> I think you'll be hard pressed to find any of the official MS patches for
> 95,98, 98SE or ME online.

I'm not sure that's true. I have had virtual machines running all of
those versions and updating fine. There's no _new_ updates of course,
but the existing ones were all there last time I checked.

However the most amusing part I found when doing this was that the
older browsers on Windows 95/98 would crash upon visiting even the
home page of microsoft.com let alone windows update. I had to download
the installer for IE5 (IIRC) and install that before I could get it to
the update site.

Cheers,
Al.