Re: [LUG] OT: New Laptop recommendation.

M.Blackmore wrote:
> Hope nothing goes wrong with it 'cos apparently PCW says installing any
> other software (or is it OS) invalidates the warranty.
I bought my laptop from PCW, backed up the install once I'd got Linux on
it, and then when I had to return it for repair I just used the restore
disks that came with it.  They get the laptop back as they want it, I
don't get any problem reinstalling after I get it back :)

Job done.

Also I did have conflicting information from their CS and TS guys on
this very issue - one side says it's OK to replace the OS, the other
not.  In fact on one occasion I called TS and they told me they had the
very same model of laptop running Linux in the lab!

Kind regards,

Julian