[LUG] BT Total Broadband (OT?)

Last month I changed from BT Business Broadband to BT Total Broadband as
it appeared to
give more facilities like WIFI. However it has been a great
disappointment. The speed was
1.2-1.5 Mbps and is now only 700-750 Kbps and then I get hundreds of
spam messages in
BT Yahoo a service I did not ask for.

I had a call from a chap who appeared to be based in India who wants me
to check various
matters rather than he checking connections. All very unsatisfactory!

Is there perhaps someone with BT inside knowledge who can assure me that
the drop of speed
is not BT policy on the basis that private users don't need a speedy
connection.

John