Re: [LUG] Exeter Fun Day - Who's coming and can you bring... - funds

Rob Beard wrote:
> Simon Waters wrote:
>
>> Rob Beard wrote:
>>
>>> Simon is sorting out the banner
>>>
>> Rob did all the difficult bits.
>>
>> It arrived today - looks good - looks like the art work (which I guess
>> is a good start) - didn't come with an invoice (even better ;-).
>>
>> So I'll guess I'll be along early on Saturday.
>>
>> Although I may not stay long: things to do(?), places to go(?), nappies
>> to change(!).
>>
>> Yet another of the obligatory baby pictures:
>>
>> http://simon.350.com/page.htm
>>
>> I don't know if Isaac is coming, he hasn't shown much interest in free
>> software yet.
>>
>>  Simon
>>

> Great will be good to see you Simon.  I was thinking long term, now
> we're starting to get this kit maybe we could look at other events
> possibly.  It would be great if we could get some green solution for
> power too, IIRC Bristol Wireless had some sort of solar panel, not sure
> if it's expensive.

Can be rather expensive for solar power,  you may need the inverter
thing too, but I am sure tom B has one of those which he can attach to a
car battery so it may be possible to use the same sort of inverter.

On raising money again If anyone has any ideas as to raffle prizes,  can
we look in to getting some together please,  for lug events at least,
as I am hoping to have regular paignton meets,  if we can generate
income at each one,  then that would be useful and add to overall funds
even if its £10 its better than nothing, we can sell raffle tickets for
say £1 each .

Stuff probably does not need to be computer related either,  something
like a tin of beans would make a raffle prize,

I am sure that way funds would soon mount up.  esp if we were to
actually save up to buy something specifc so members see the results of
their donations in hardware.

The next idea up from that is some form of sponsorship for events,
again if I can get these paignton meets together,  then the main focus
for a meet  can be just that,  if someone brings along a laptop + a text
editor,  then we can all put together a letter asking for possible
sponsorship.

Things are moving forward which is a good thing.   Its 2 - 3 weeks till
the rugby goes back so will let you know when we can meet up again.

Thanks to simon btw for the baby pic and doing the banner,  hopefully it
will have an impact on the day and  future events.

Paul

--

Support open file formats use ISO 26300 Open Document format
as used by openoffice.org,  http:///www.openoffice.org

Next Lug meet : Thursday 31st July @ 7:30 onwards - Paignton rugby / cricket club
August 16th Exeter Fun day event, See list or e-mail Rob Beard for details,  any
help would be great.

visit us on IRC - irc.flashtek-uk.com / 6667 #dclug