Re: [LUG] Peering in the UK

> > My colleague argues this is the case in order to make it easier for
> > intelligence services to spy on your communication...
>
> Paranoia. The UK intelligence services can tap the optical fibre where
> ever it is in the UK fairly easily, and they have fibre all over the
> place they could run the tap traffic through back to Cheltenham.

There is a great graphical display of traceroute by location here:

http://www.mapulator.com/

Last time I tried www.news.cn (a random Chinese location) I found that it was
routed through Langley, headquarters of the CIA. Today it is not.

I'm not sure that this is always Paranoia. Funny that it shows up on
traceroute though.