[LUG] Data centre in Cornwall

I think I've mentioned this before, but lately I've been day dreaming of
setting up a data centre at my parent's place http://prazefarm.co.uk/

Since the property backs up onto the A30, where I know for a fact fibre
optic comes up through from New York, I have been mulling what I can do
to hook up onto it.

I think I've already written to my MP with no response. Though I was
wondering if any of you on the list have better ideas. Anyone know of
some diversification "IT for Cornwall" type schemes that might be able
to help? I guess farming land would have be turned into some sort of
commercial classification...

I don't know exactly who even owns that cable running along the A30. I
suspect some company like: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Crossing
Anyone know how to find out?

Also to make it worthwhile, do you think people pay to utilise such a
space? I maintain that having a data centre in Cornwall would facilitate
a "Silicon Valley" in the West. Otherwise it's plainly very difficult.