Re: [LUG] Data centre in Cornwall

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 10:28:18AM +0100, Kai Hendry wrote:

> I think I've already written to my MP with no response. Though I was
> wondering if any of you on the list have better ideas. Anyone know of
> some diversification "IT for Cornwall" type schemes that might be able
> to help? I guess farming land would have be turned into some sort of
> commercial classification...

http://www.southwestrda.org.uk/what-we-do/business-growth/finance/funding.shtm

Would be a good start point. But from the look of the site you would need to have a
business case before you start looking for money

> I don't know exactly who even owns that cable running along the A30. I
> suspect some company like: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Crossing
> Anyone know how to find out?

You might try seeing who owns the land (from the Land Registry) and work back from
that.

You might also in doing so find out where their data centres are

--
Henry
Photocopies or faxes of my signature are not binding. Electronic documents