Re: [LUG] Exeter Hospital Radio Fun Day - Helpers needed

2008/7/5 Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> I've arranged to get another pitch at the Exeter Hospital Radio Fun Day
> this year.

Great stuff Rob.

> - Tables and chairs of some description.  I think one table will be
> provided, but I think we might do with another table and a couple of
> chairs.  [snip] Not sure about tables, anyone do regular car boot sales who
> could bring one along or suggest something?

Well we have a wallpapering table but is is pretty flimsy really.
Might do at a pinch.

> If anyone is able to lend a hand, maybe help people out and discuss
> Linux on the day, that would be good.

Count me In. My folks are down but I should still be able to commit to
the entire day and definitely help early too..

>I also thought we could give away
> copies of The Open Disc and maybe a live Linux distro such as an Ubuntu
> disc (might be worth ordering a whole load now thinking about it).

I'm happy to order some Ubuntu disks if you like. I ordered a large
quantity for schoolforge.org.uk FLOSSIE a few years back and they came
pretty quickly but still good to get them ordered now (they quote 4-6
weeks for the standard quantity of 10).How many do you think? 50? 100?
I suggest we don't bother with the server edition.

Steve Lee