Re: [LUG] bbq 2008

On Sun, Jul 06, 2008 at 11:51:19AM +0100, Paul Sutton wrote:
> > On Sat, 2008-07-05 at 22:30 +0100, Paul Sutton wrote:
> >
> >> What are the plans for the bbq this year,  are we

For the same venue as previous years, the choice of date is dependent on
what James can make available.

> > I'll be at DebConf8 from 2nd August to 18th and travelling for a few
> > days either side of that. If the BBQ falls in that time, sorry, I won't
> > be able to attend.

(This was just a note, not an expectation that it would have any effect
whatsoever upon James' availability.)

> > If it is after DebConf8, I should be able to demonstrate the results of
> > the work in Emdebian - hopefully with a working Balloon3 board running
> > an Emdebian GPE GUI.
> >
> > http://debconf8.debconf.org/dates.xhtml.en
> > http://www.emdebian.org/
> > http://balloonboard.org/
> > http://linux.codehelp.co.uk/box-cover.pdf
> >
> > I might also have a demo of Estron:
> >
> > http://estron.alioth.debian.org/
> >
> > (It's not likely to be ready for users by then but I might have an
> > almost-working GUI around that time.)
> >

> Sounds good, however I think a demo / presentation such as this would
> justify us having a room and maybe paying for hire, so we have seats,
> and perhaps even a screen or flat wall to project images on if need be.

Umm, this wasn't going to be a full-scale presentation. I'm not sure the
code will be up to that at this time. More like a small discussion
around a single laptop with a few people at a time.

> What do people think ?
>
> So far the 16th August is out anyway, as its the same day as the Exeter
> fun day, Weekend of 24th August is a bank hoilday which I guess is going
> to be real chaos, on the roads,

I think we've had BBQ's with James on bank holiday weekends, haven't we?
It's not that much of a problem.

--

Neil Williams