Re: [LUG] Automake woes

Simon Waters wrote:
> Sarge still has security support till Lenny is released.
>
> What do you mean "not supported" in this context?

I mean this on Debian's web site...

http://www.debian.org/News/2008/20080229

>> I wondered, is it easy to convert the Automake files to Automake 1.6?
>
> Should be very easy.

<snip>

> The final Makefile is probably generated automatically from the other
> files and you can probably just recreate it will all new shiny settings.
>
> If they are using the GNU tools throughout you do something like...
>
> aclocal
> automake --add-missing
> autoreconf
>
> Then just rerun configure/make/make install (or whatever) as per usual.

Ahh great thanks Simon I'll give that a go later on.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, the only other alternative is either
trying to bodge something together myself from the DarkLog & Darkice
source (which won't be pretty as I don't know how to program in C) or
using a Windows app. :-(

Rob