Re: [LUG] OT Free-sat

On 15/05/08 11:56:23, Rob Beard wrote:
You could go for a single LNB to start with  which would feed one standard receiver,
or maybe opt for a quad LNB  which would give that future expandability for a
receiver with dual  tuners, and either another box with dual tuners or two single
tuner  standard boxes (or if you have a Hi-def TV, a MythTV box with a DVB-S2  tuner
which will pick up the Hi-def channels).

Yes, both my FC and dish from the tip came with quad lnb's, very handy...
At the moment there is only one HD channel on freesat, BBC HD, and that works
without a DVB-S2 card. I have 3 Techisat skystar 2 cards and they work fine.
I can't play the HD content, but that is a playback hardware issue, it goes to disk
fine.

--
'ooroo

stinga...(:)-)
Email: stinga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx      o
You need only two tools.        o /////
A hammer and duct tape. If it    /@   `\  /) ~
doesn't move and it should,     >  (O)  X<  ~  Fish!!
use the hammer. If it moves and  `\___/'  \) ~
shouldn't, use the tape.           \\\