Re: [LUG] OT Free-sat

2008/5/15 george <georgeparker20@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
I've been reviewing my TV aerial requirements to get the best digital
reception and I noticed the blurb on free-sat TV.  As I see it I can get a
satellite dish from Amazon for about £25, probably a satellite finder/signal
strength meter for £9 and a freesat box from Argos for £50 which will give me
80 channels.  The box will probably come down in the next few months after
volume sales.  And I can say goodbye to poor reception.

Have I got this right?  Has anyone else tried this?

George

I've got Sky Freesat and had mine fitted for an all-inclusive price of £150 back in October. I suspect now that there's competition the price will come down on both of them, so that might be a better option. I get something like 200 channels, approximately 190 of which are rubbish! (And I'm not too sure of the other 10...)
Jason