Re: [LUG] OT: TFT's with 1:1 pixel mapping (no screen expansion)

Rob Beard wrote:
> What games are you playing anyway?
> Do you _have_ to run them at 1024x768?  Is it a limitation with the
> hardware?

Various things. Some things don't support more than 1024x768. The rest
my GFX card isn't capable of keeping up with. Buying a new GFX card
doesn't fix the problem, because I'm only going to have the same issue
again when I run a slightly newer game that the better card can't keep
up with.

> Not being a PC gamer, I'd have thought if it's a framerate problem,
> throwing more graphics power at the problem would fix it

The problem isn't framerate. The problem is ghosting. On a CRT, even
with a low framerate this isn't an issue. I can run CounterStrike at
well over 60FPS at 1024x768, but the ghosting is dramatically worse than
at 1280x1024 because the TFT is stretching it.

Oh well. I gave up and bought the 2009W. Which I'm now thinking was
slightly stupid, as the native resolution is 1680x1050 (why do
widescreen resolutions never match the height of standard aspect
screens?). So now I can't even run at 1280x1024 without stretching. I'm
an idiot. Never mind. I'm sure it'll be a very nice screen. Maybe the
nvidia tool will fix it for me.