Re: [LUG] Mobile Phones and Email

Grant Sewell wrote:
>> I suggest trying Gammu/Wammu.
>>
>> The list of mobiles supported is quite extensive and (I've just
>> checked) includes some support for the G600 via bluetooth.

> Seconded.  Gammu/Wammu is a fantastic piece of software.

Syncing mobile devices is a long standing issue that just doesn't seem
to be getting resolved. Gammu/wammu is amazing in the amount of phones
it can communicate with, but I've always had problems with the GUI which
makes it unusable, and the command line interface is complicated at best
(though I'm not surprised, since none of the phones share any real
standard sync methods).

The main thing is that even if you get it to sync with gammu/wammu
you've then got a whole new ball game trying to get an email client or
other piece of software to make use of it.