Re: [LUG] Ubuntu install under windows....

Tom Potts wrote:
> Has anyone tried this?
> I have a machine that wont boot from the CD and I've been unable to make a
> floppy to boot from.
> Can I do this from the normall install CD or do I need the alternate?
> Tom te tom te tom

I tried it with Ubuntu 7.10, but not with the latest version (it's on my
Todo list).

It works rather well, it creates a file on the Windows partition which
acts as the Ubuntu file system (so it installs and can be uninstalled
like a Windows app!).

 From what I understand, once you have it installed you can then
repartition the hard drive and install it on the drive itself.

I'd say give it a go.  AFAIK it's only on the Desktop CD, although you
might want to look at http://wubi-installer.org/ before attempting an
install.

Rob