Re: [LUG] Ubuntu install under windows....

On Thu, 2008-05-01 at 17:02 +0100, Tom Potts wrote:
> Has anyone tried this?
> I have a machine that wont boot from the CD and I've been unable to make a
> floppy to boot from.
> Can I do this from the normall install CD or do I need the alternate?
> Tom te tom te tom

Yes it works fine.
Just click on the wubi installer and then it proceeds to install as a
normal install and adds an entry to the windows boot loader.
If you want to remove it in future you just go to add/remove programs
and it automatically deletes the boot entry.
One gotcha.. Installing under wubi doesn't appear to copy any user
profiles across the same as many have discovered it doesn't with a
normall HD install

Ray