Re: [LUG] Training through email

Richard Brown wrote:
> Hi Guys
>
> I want to try to start to undertake to understand a few more things
> regarding Linux and I wonder whether it is something that would be
> useful to other people. If so whether there could be a general thread
> that dealt with each stage. We could title each thread with the same
> starting phrase allowing easier find.
>
> The two things that I would like to learn are:
> 1. Building a server: file, web, etc. and using it in real world
> scenarios. For instance the Lostwithiel youth club is finally getting
> closer to having a network and I have asked several questions on
> setting these up:
> a. Preventing users from accessing certain parts of the web
> b. Steaming tv, video, music
> c. File serving in a small network to allow the Lostwithiel network to
> include training with users saving work to a server rather than the
> computer. It also could be used a registration point for usernames.
> d. I have been using NAS Boxes but they really are limited and once
> you start hitting the limits you hit them hard!
> 2. Using cli as opposed to gui.
>
> Are others interested please?

Sounds good,  but how about having this and links to further research /
guides on a moodle server,  so everything is in on place, so a lesson
networking (hardware),  lesson on basic (tcp/ip),  would link to lessons
on file serving in a small network.

lessons can be linked together.  That way it becomes a good resource,
the site could be password protected,  as moodle is backed with mysql
anyway, the database component would alrady be there.

We can discuss content here,  but collate and put on moodle,

Paul

--

Support open file formats use ISO 26300 Open Document format
as used by openoffice.org,  http:///www.openoffice.org

visit us on IRC - irc.flashtek-uk.com / 6667 #dclug