[LUG] Training through email

Hi Guys

I want to try to start to undertake to understand a few more things
regarding Linux and I wonder whether it is something that would be
useful to other people. If so whether there could be a general thread
that dealt with each stage. We could title each thread with the same
starting phrase allowing easier find.

The two things that I would like to learn are:
1. Building a server: file, web, etc. and using it in real world
scenarios. For instance the Lostwithiel youth club is finally getting
closer to having a network and I have asked several questions on
setting these up:
a. Preventing users from accessing certain parts of the web
b. Steaming tv, video, music
c. File serving in a small network to allow the Lostwithiel network to
include training with users saving work to a server rather than the
computer. It also could be used a registration point for usernames.
d. I have been using NAS Boxes but they really are limited and once
you start hitting the limits you hit them hard!
2. Using cli as opposed to gui.

Are others interested please?
--
Kind regards