[LUG] Problem with Bash script on Ubuntu

I am trying to run a bash backup script on my partner's Ubuntu machine and I get the
following

$ ./backup_pgm.sh
-bash: ./backup_pgm.sh: bin/sh: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

Background

-   back up script (backup_pgm.sh)

    #!bin/sh
    tar --create --verify --file=$(date +\%F).tar --newer-mtime='1 week ago'
--files-from=backup_data

    Whether I try #!bin/bash or bin/sh the response is the same

-   chmod 700 backup_pgm.sh

-   The file backup_data exist

And the exact same commands run on my Debian system.

Any assistance gratefully appreciated

--
Henry
Thu Mar 20 08:47:04 GMT 2008