Re: [LUG] OT: Play Station 3

Neil Williams wrote:

>> and allow the young people to
>> select the music or video they want. On top of that the young people
>> also want a ps3.
>
> There is work to run Debian on a PS3 (or do you still want to play the
> games on it afterwards?)
>
> Why not have two machines - one PS3 and one dedicated file server for
> the streaming content running Debian.

As far as I'm aware the PS3 can have Linux installed and still be used
as a console, it just comes up as an option on the main menu.  The hard
drive can even be partitioned from what I've read.

I've also read something suggesting that Sony hinted that the end user
could replace the hard drive unlike another next generation console
beginning with X.

Rob