Re: [LUG] Pondering upon Debian

I'm all Ubuntu these days (3 laptops and 2 desktops). It is easy to install
and set up, and life is too short to be worrying about things that have
changed since the last install. The only problem I've had was during an
update that broke my WiFi link. I had to plug into a wired network to fix it.

In 2006 I was using SuSE. It's okay.

I still use Gentoo on my pair of Via C3s, but that is only because Ubuntu
doesn't support them (or didn't last time I looked).

I use BuildRoot for embedded systems (eg. GumStix), also because it makes my
life easier.

I write a lot of Python code and they have the philosophy of "batteries
included". I suppose that is why I like Ubuntu too. Ubuntu's the best thing
that has happened to Linux for a while. Mark Shuttleworth deserves praise for
what he has done. I've used some of their developer tools as well (eg.
Bazaar) and they are good.

At the end of the day I don't care what the distribution is. I just need to
get the job done, and I want the environment to be familiar and reliable.