[LUG] Pondering upon Debian

Looking back in the archives it seems that fewer members are using SuSE, RH,
Mandriva et al nowadays and have instead turned towards Debian and it's
derivatives.  Discounting here (myself included) those who like to flavour
out of interest the various distro's, be they either deb or rh - if one is
lucky enough to have the spare time, box or partition.

Personally I prefer to use Debian and have both Etch and Lenny installed.  The
former, updated and reserved for use in the event that Lenny falls over. So
far it hasn't :)

What interests me is why a majority of users seem to turn to the Debian
derivatives in preference to Etch/Lenny?  I rule out ease of installation, as
the Debian installer is easy enough nowadays for a tyro to use.

Enlightenment anyone?

/pabulum/puzzled

--
W.  Devon