Re: [LUG] Have I been GPL'd

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 7:51 PM, Kevin Lucas wrote:
>  Your e-mail is taken from open source.
>
>      A new meaning for  open Source I belive!
>  Is my Email GPL'd or what!

Well, since the spam is trying to lure you into money-laundering, I
don't think the senders really care about whether they got your email
address in a legal way or not. It's most likely added to make people
think that the email is genuine, somehow. Not necessarily aiming at
people who know what open source means, it just sounds nice. Like they
could have written "your e-mail was given to us by a friend" as well.

Martijn.